Lawrence County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc. is proud to sponsor it’s 7th Annual Youth Summer Camp. All Lawrence County students entering grades 3-6 for the 2016-2017 school year are invited to attend.
Camps run Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch is provided. Transportation is the responsibility of each camper.
Camp R.O.C.K. is FREE of charge.
Camp R.O.C.K. provides a fun, safe, structured activity-filled day-camp experience. Youth who attend the camp will focus on the following skills:
- Responsible decision-making (“R”) … I am responsible for my own choices!
- Strong peer leadership roles (“O”) …Outstanding leadership!
- Positive social & communication skills (“C”)…Character counts!
- Knowledge of alcohol, tobacco and other drug facts (“K”) …Knowledge is Power!
A typical day will include but is not limited to:
- Arts and crafts
- Science lessons based on the National Institute of Health’s BrainPower! Curriculum
If your child requires additional support staff, it is recommended that his/her TSS attend the camp also.
Camp dates and locations:
- June 27-30, 2016 (3rd & 4th Grade) – Union Elementary School
- July 11-14, 2016 (5th & 6th Grade) – Union Elementary School
- July 18-22, 2016 (3rd & 4th Grade) – Lockley Early Learning Center
- August 1-5, 2016 (4th & 5th Grade) – Lockley Early Learning Center
To register for camp, please call 724-658-5580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is partially funded by the Caroline Knox Memorial Trust Fund – Reflecting God’s light into the world.